I made a couple of substitutions: I already had pesto at home so I used that in place of the Greek salad dressing, and instead of the tubular pasta, I used the Italian Monument Pasta that I bought in Pisa. Have a look:
Can you see San Pietro? Italy? A gondola? The Leaning Tower of Pisa? The Duomo di Milano? and the Coliseum? Okay, maybe not, but you can see the goodness of all that cucumber, red onion, red pepper, and chickpeas. Oh, it was delicious (if I do say so myself) and there's plenty left over for lunch today. I served it with that old favourite, Cornflake chicken.
And do you spy the loaf of banana bread in the background on the right? Mmmmm... one for work, one for home. These people are getting spoiled.
I can still taste it ~ literally. That's kind of the problem with onions and garlic... Go on over and say hello to Sarah. She has other recipes posted, too. You'll love her!
In other news, while Callie (the stove) was taking all my attention, poor Bernice was being neglected up in the sewing room. No progress on my new little spring quilt because last night was a gym night and between that and all the cooking, whew, I just ran out of time. Tonight is dance class, so nothing will be done this evening, either. Ahhh... the weekend is coming! Can't wait. I get so excited when I have a new project. Don't you?
Other things to look forward to:
- Today is payday. I had to pay my course tuition yesterday so there's no extra this month, but still...
- The OnlyChild and I are going to see a production of the Wizard of Oz on Saturday night.
- It's supposed to get up to 19 ºC, which is 66.2 ºF, this weekend. That is a BIG DEAL for us!
- I'm getting a pedicure today. One of my students is doing it at school on my prep because she needs to do one more for her cosmetology class. What a great way to spend a prep!
- Two months until summer vacation.
Yeah, life is good!☺