Thursday, July 23, 2009

Interrupted...

This afternoon, I was working on this...


When I was interrupted to help with this...


I was working on my block for Bumble Beans' Pixiedust Gather. We are to make a 10" block out of the beautiful fabrics provided and return them to Victoria by August 31. I thought I should get mine done and sent off before we leave for a few days of vacationing in San Francisco. The mail here is so slooooow that I was afraid if I waited, it might not get there on time. I'm not sure how much I am allowed to show, so you get just a little peek for now.
.
Mr. P is building a deck out back. Hurray. I only had to help for a few minutes but boy is it HOT out there. It's about 32 celsius (90 fahrenheit). Whew. One of the maybe 10 hot days we'll get this summer.
.
While I was outside, I also checked on my veggies growing in containers in the back yard. The Roma tomatoes are growing.
.
So are the Patio tomatoes...


The Beefsteaks are looking good.



And we'll soon be picking Big Boys. Yum. Maybe some will be ready when I get back.


I've also got zucchini on the vine. This little one is about the size of my pinky finger (and I've got small hands). Some people at the community garden already have huge zucchini on their vines that are as big as my forearm. I hope mine continue to grow.


I finished hemming my dress yesterday afternoon, while sitting on my neighbour's deck, catcalling over the fence at my husband and his friend who were working so hard in our yard, building our deck. I'll show photos of the dress when I get a chance to wear it - maybe while we're on vacation there will be an occasion to get gussied up.
.
So, things are getting sewn, built, and grown around here.
.
What's happening in your part of the world?


9 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Like the sneak peek! you can post it1 no problem! Maybe you wanna mail it from San Fran, it will indeed get here faster.... rather than the two and half it took to get to you! have a safe trip! nice deck! 90 degrees?!! I wish! guess what? it's raining again... big surprise..

Pat said...

OOOOO...what pretty fabrics in that block! Enjoy your vacation, too!

Barb said...

You got your mojo back!!!! Cant wait to see the dress...

What Comes Next? said...

Careful what you wish for with zucinni! It may take over your plot while you are in San Fran! The tomatoes are looking scrumptious - not bothered by last weekends storm at all. Enjoy your trip, can't wait to see the dress, and the Pixiedust Gather is looking great

Stacy said...

The tomatoes look so good. Hmmm, I seem to remember you had some doubts about whether you'd be able to grow veggies ... I guess now we know! I can just see you catcalling at your husband over the fence.

Things are getting knit in my neck of the woods, but I've been in a grumpy mood. Last night I took a loooooong bubble bath and that cheered me right up. I hope you have a great time in SF and can't wait to read all about it and see your pictures. The weather should be perfect, not too hot and not too cold.

Sue said...

What a pleasant day you had! Yes, make sure you show us your new dress...And your zuks when they get BIG!
Blessings~LillySue

Della said...

Love the little zucchini, it will be a big fellow before you know it. The fabrics in your block are lovely. Have a fun-filled vacation. Hugs

Anonymous said...

We are busy eating the tomatoes down here....ahead of you in season.
The block sounds neat would like to know more?,,,,

love, kelee

Vesuviusmama said...

It all looks yummy, the block and the veggies. Can't wait to see them all when they are "done."