Monday, August 15, 2011

Sewing Day!

My friend Kim was in town this past weekend, so I went over to visit her with my sewing machine.

I helped her finish a quilt top for her youngest daughter:


These photos, taken with my phone, don't really show off the vibrant colours. That first border is lime green!


I also worked on some more Bow Tie blocks.


My container is slowly filling up... I have 108 blocks completed so far.


In other news, I finished my master's course! Hurray! I submitted my final paper last night. I hope we get our marks back by the end of the week. I have ONE course left in this degree. One! I am registered for that last course this fall.

Now I have to get on with the school work I brought home...only two more weeks until I go back to work :(

12 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Congrats on finishing your masters course. Love the reds in your bow tie blocks.

Thimbleanna said...

Think of all the sewing you'll get done when you finish your degree! I can't believe you have all those bow-tie blocks done -- you're speedy! Looks like you had a good time with your quilting friend -- very cute quilt she's making!

Barb said...

Your friends quilt is just so wonderfully fun!!

Tangos Treasures said...

Cool quilt!! Congratulations on your Masters!!

Tangos Treasures said...

Cool quilt!! Congratulations on your Masters!!

Pat said...

BOO about back-to-work-in-two-weeks, but YAY about the other stuff in this post!!!

Lynne said...

I love that quilt; the flowers give it extra "pop"! Congratulations on completing the assignments for your Masters.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Congratulations on finishing your course! Red scraps will be on their way this week. It was POURING rain today and I never left the house.

inese said...

Congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your master's. Hope you are AAA scored. Lovely quilt fabrics.

Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY (no emails), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored. Please share this with your freinds.

Have a beautiful week.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Julie Fukuda said...

I think the flowers on that quilt really make it special. Great work on the Masters too.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love the BIG daisies! and your bow ties are poifect-o!