Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday morning reunion

A few weeks ago, I got an invitation to attend a Pampered Chef party. I went to one of these about 10 years ago and bought a baking stone. It's one of the best kitchen items I've ever purchased. It's still in perfect condition and we use it all the time. I love their products!

Today's party started at 10 am. I had a little trouble finding the house because it's in an area of town that I rarely visit. But I made it there on time and very much enjoyed myself at the party. The hostess (who is also the consultant), Vicki, made wonderful corn chowder and mini carrot cake muffins while we were there, demonstrating many of the products. What a great lunch!
.
So, what did I buy? I bought a chopper - the OnlyChild has been asking for one of these for a while and it would have come in handy when I was making all that salsa.

I bought a mini muffin pan - also at the request of the OnlyChild. She can make mini cupcakes in this and I know I'll use it too.

I bought a new pastry brush. This one is silicone (no photo) which means that nobody will find bristles in their piece of pie and think I got dog hair in the food.
.
I also got this baking dish for 60% off (the discount was a draw prize).
So what was so great about this party that I would blog about it? Vicki is a woman I met when we were in grade 6! And I haven't seen her since I moved away in grade 7! For those of you doing the math, that's almost 28 years. It was a really nice reunion - and, you know, she is exactly as I remember her. Same big blue eyes, same bubbly personality, same wide smile. She's just a little taller (I don't think I am) and is now married with two adorable little boys.
.
I very much enjoyed seeing her again and this time I hope we stay in touch a bit better.
.
Edited to add: I forgot to mention that Vicki and I had re-connected on Facebook about a year ago, so it wasn't just a coincidence that I ended up at her house. But wouldn't that have been a great story! Just thought I'd better make myself a bit clearer.

10 comments:

Stacy said...

What a funny coincidence. That must have been amazing when you two figured out that you knew each other. Did you recognize her right away, or was it like hmmm, she looks familiar? Sounds like you bought some nice stuff for the kitchen!

Pat said...

Nice things you bought...be sure to show us when they are used for the first time...so we see what was cooked with them!

Barb said...

How fun for you....and I do so love all your wonderful purchases. I have a few of their products....they are great!!

Unknown said...

Always wonderful to reconnect with an old friend! I love my baking stone from Pampered Chef too (I have the bar pan one). Hope you have a great week!!!

:) T

Kaye said...

Isn't it great to re connect with old friends. My daughter is having a blast on Facebook talking to her old friends and classmates. When you move out of state those old friends are what you miss the most

julia said...

First of all, I do like Pampered Chef stuff, too. I wish it wasn't so expensive, though.
I love the story of you reconnecting with a childhood friend. I can think of several people that I would like to hear from that I haven't seen in years. We moved back to the town we grew up in, but there are many new people and lots of our classmates have moved away.

Della said...

Love that muffin tin. We make mini-nutcup Christmas cookies in them. Yummmmy.

Sue said...

Yes....I wanna see tiny, baby muffins!!

Thimbleanna said...

How fun! I love those pampered chef parties just for the food LOL! Is your chopper the same thing as the nut chopper? I have one of those and I love it. Our baking stone didn't fare so well however. For some reason (don't know if the kids did something goofy to it (but what?) or not) it started smelling -- a really caustic burn-your-eyes chemically smell when it was heating in the oven. We tried a lot of different things to get smell out but nothing worked, so we ended up pitching it. So sad. ;-( Glad to hear you've had better luck with yours!

Zlaty said...

Sounds great, please enjoy using them!

Zlaty