I'm ready to go...
(I stole the OnlyChild's purple dress for the trip)
I'm leeeeeavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again....
(I'll be back on July 14)
I have to be at the airport by 4:45 pm, so I've got loooooads of time, right?
I still need to:
* finish packing
* write out cards to my students who graduated and pop them in the mailbox
* finish and mail my July ATCs
* snuggle with the Wild Things (I will miss them terribly and will have to "love" some Italian dogs while I'm gone)
* nag the OnlyChild to empty the dishwasher
* check my list twice to make sure I haven't forgotten anything
Yep... it's gonna be FUN!
I'll try to blog from overseas, but if you don't hear from me, rest assured there will be lots to show and tell when I get back in 10 days. You can also check out the blog I set up for the parents so they can keep track of their kiddies while we're away. Click here to be transported.
And before I take off (literally, I guess), I wanted to share this:
These flowers were on my desk at school last week when I went in for the last day. One of my students dropped them off while I was marking government exams. They were accompanied by a lovely card from the parents thanking me for the three years I've cared for and worked with their son as his advisor.
I feel appreciated!
Ciao, amici! Vedere da voi in dieci.