Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday Sew-in

Ahhh...it feels so good to be at the sewing machine again, and getting things made for Christmas.

Tonight I multi-tasked - not one of my strengths, but it had to be done.

While chatting with Cheryl on Skype, I appliquéd tea towels.



You can find the pattern for Santa here.


This one I kind of made up myself, using a snowflake appliqué from a quilt book.


The pale blue fabric is gorgeous - the photographs really don't do it justice.


These were fairly quick and easy projects - they probably would have been quicker if I hadn't been yapping all night. I guess I answered my own question, though: would I get more done if I had a sewing buddy?

Definitely not. But I wouldn't have as much fun either.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Oh.....I love your towels...and will go and fetch that Santa one...thanks for the link...

QuilterMary said...

Just downloaded that Santa ... think I'm going to put him on a pillow. THANKS! And - I LOVE my sewing buddies and do get a lot done when sewing with them. Added bonus - inspiration!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

They are so pretty! I'm going to download the Santa too.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Nice towelss, Rachel. I think the snowflakes turned out great! And they would make sweet gifts!
Did I thank you for the Nov ATC?! I'm so bad at that...
Warmly,
deb :)

andsewon said...

Love them towels! Well Alice and I get a goodly bit done but we will work on one project with one sewing, one cutting then one pressing!
Hugs,
Lola

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- you're so funny! I only get half as much done when I'm sewing with friends -- but it's sure fun. Those towels are all beautful!

Caro said...

Love your tea towels. Do you have a source for buying the towels? casands1@comcast.net

Dogwood said...

love your beautiful towels.
i have a thing about tea towels.

have a fun week. how much snow around you house. all our snow in Grass Valley has melted but my daughter in Tahoe has lots and lots of the white stuff!!

Hugs, cory

Vesuviusmama said...

The tea towels are fabulous! And I'm slow as molasses without a sewing buddy - with a buddy I probably wouldn't get anything done!