Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fun Friday!

I snuck in some sewing time for the FNSI yesterday afternoon when I got home from work:


All the snowmen got arms!

The pattern calls for brown 1/4" bias tape, but I made up my own using brown fabric and Heat n Bond (I love that stuff).

We went out with another couple for Chinese food, but got home early enough so that I could sneak in another hour of sewing before bed. Sewing helps to burn all the calories from beef and brocolli, lemon chicken, cashew chicken and fried rice. Right?



Not very much got done in that hour because I was also chatting on Skype with Cheryl (a.k.a. She Who Seldom Blogs). Then she ditched me for a movie and bed and I figured she had the right idea, so I took my iPad and my book and hopped in between the covers.

My snowmen and tree blocks are now all sewn into rows which just have to be attached with sashing strips. Then the borders will be added and the top will be done!

No progress on the Green and White quilt yet. Maybe Sunday after I finish my BIG pile of marking...

12 comments:

Angie @ CraftedAngles said...

Cute snow people! You had a great FNSI.

Angie - www.craftedAngles.com

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Nicely done! You're making great progress!

Barb said...

Your snowmen are turning out wonderful....glat you can sneak some snow time in.

Stephanie said...

Love the snowmen. They are going to be soo cute when you are done.

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Love the snowmen! Where did you get the pattern?

Impera Magna said...

Love the snow people... looking good! Will they be in a quilt/throw or a table runner?

Dogwood said...

Nice very nice and cute too!

How is the snow doing in your area?

I am in San Francisco and it is a beautiful day.

Hugs, Cory/Dogwood

Judy said...

Cute snowmen! Too Cute!

Cathy (cdc) said...

Very cute snowmen! Quite nice work for a Friday afternoon.

Unknown said...

them the prettiest snowmen i ever seen...

Stacy said...

Your snowmen are looking good. I love the mittens. Glad to hear you are finding the time for sewing.

Anonymous said...

Great snow people. I like that way of making snowmen. I remember how great Friday nights were after teaching all week!