Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bow Tie Quilt

My next quilt project will be...drumroll please...

A Bow-Tie Quilt!

Inspired by this post and guided by this post, I decided to use my red scraps and pair them with a lovely grey solid.

I've calculated that I will need 210 blocks to make a queen-sized quilt. Last night, I put together 30 blocks.


I like this layout.


And I think this is my favourite block.


A fun new project to work away at...in those times when I am sick of working on my new course and reading the huge 659-page textbook.

11 comments:

linda said...

thought they looked so hard to make :((,then i said wow after i read how to look brilliant might have a go !!

Pat said...

LOVING it so far!!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love! Enjoy your school reading. Doesn't sound like too much fun though.

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like a fun new project Rachel -- I love a good bow tie!

andsewon said...

Now this is a lovely look! I have some gray linen that I could use! Oh my see what you have done??? I am off on yet another sewing tangent! ;-)

Dogwood said...

Looking good.
Love the colors.
So fresh and bright.
Enjoy your summers days.
Hugs...Dogwood

Anne said...

Isn't if fun? Jodi's blog hooked me too. It will be fun watching your progress.

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

That is a great scrap buster. I am loving all the new bow-tie projects going around. Working my way through the HST phase now, LOL! I love the red fabrics you are using.
~Kimberlee

Melinda said...

Ooh! I like it. I may have to check into that one!

Sara said...

Rachel, I really like your colors and the way it is turning out.

Vesuviusmama said...

Is quilt is going to be a stunner! Great color combo!