Monday, March 29, 2021

Eight Years Later...

Oh wow!

It's been over 8 years since I updated this blog. I'm actually surprised it still exists. Are you still out there? Will you read this?

I moved most of my activity to Instagram over the past few years, although I'm not very active there either. I do miss the blogging community. I've re-read some of my posts and the comments I received. We were supportive and friendly, weren't we? Do we still have that connection?

I'll update you a bit:

  • I went back to teaching.
  • Then I took a vice principal job.
  • Then I went back to teaching (during Covid, no less).
  • And now I'm looking to get out of teaching again.
  • AbbyDog and DerbyDog have both passed on - Abby in 2017 at the age of 18, and Derby just last March.
  • We got another cat in 2017. His name is ClaudeCat. He's beautiful.
  • We brought home two puppies last spring - Rosie and Poppy. They are sweet and wonderful and hilarious, and we needed them!
  • TheOnlyChild finished university, moved out, and then moved back home again when she returned to uni for her second degree (in journalism). She needs to start her adult life soon. Really soon.
  • I have been doing very little quilting lately. Very little of anything except work and dance, to be honest.
  • I started a new style of dance. It's Fat Chance Belly Dance Style (formerly known as American Tribal Style). Look it up on YouTube. It's amazing.
  • I learned how to play the ukulele.
  • We bought back our house on PEI. Or did that happen before I went AWOL? Either way, it's a great story. We sold the house in 2008. Very sad. One day at work, Mr. P was cruising the real estate sites and saw our house for sale again. He emailed me, "Our PEI house is for sale. Can we buy it back?" I replied, "Yes." That's it - "Yes." And so we did. We really missed going there last summer. It might be the only place in the world I can relax.
  • I reconnected with my family in England and have been over to visit 4 times since 2013.

I need to figure out how to blog again - how to add pictures and videos, etc. It can't be that hard. I've mastered Google Classroom, Google Meet, Zoom, and other necessary technologies over the past few years. I'm on it. 

I might even have worthwhile information to share with you at some point. Ha ha.

Let me know if you're still around. I am slowly making my way down my blog list. I see that many of the blogs I followed have not been updated in years (I guess I'm not the only one), but some of you are still going strong. 

Let's get reacquainted!

2 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Welcome back! Glad to see all your updates. Oh to go back to be a teacher, then a vice principal, then a teacher during COVID. I started being a substitute teacher five years ago. I LOVED it! Then IT hit and now I'm at home with our now 13-year old son. He is a remote learner. He is doing much, much better at home vs. all the distractions at school. MAP test scores have gone up 12 to 17 in the tested subjects. He will be home for 8th grade now too, due to all the advances he has made. Glad to see you. Hope to see you more. You'll figure out the blogging. Some things improved, some things (like getting notified if someone comments) got worse. Good luck.

barbara woods said...

Good to see you back. We are all still here making quilts.