2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup cold milk
1/3 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 apple, cored and diced
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles oatmeal.
2. Make a well in the centre and pour in milk. Stir with a fork to form a soft dough.
3. Turn onto a lightly floured board. Knead 8-10 times.
4. Roll into a rectangle, about 9 x 12 inches.
5. For filling, cream butter and margarine. Spread over dough. Sprinkle apple pieces on top.
6. Roll up along longer edge of rectangle, like a jelly roll.
7. Mark and cut into 12 slices. Place slices in muffin pan.
8. Bake in 400 F oven for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12.