Monday, January 09, 2012

Swoon Along

My first project of 2012 is (hopefully) going to be the Swoon quilt. Remember I bought the kit? I decided to join Katy's Swoon Along on I'm a Ginger Monkey to drum up some excitement.

 

My goal for this week is to start cutting fabrics. Not get all the fabric cut...there's no way that's going to happen now that I'm back at work...but I'd like to get a good start.

This is as far as I got tonight:


I took the bundle out and put it on my desk. Then I unwrapped the fabric and divided the fat quarters into twos. That's all.
.
I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I think tonight will be an early bedtime and I don't think I'll let a rotary cutter anywhere near me in this state.

Another project I'd like to begin is Anne's Scrappy Dresden Plate quilt over on Bunny Tales so I've joined the Scrappy Plate Club. This will be something new for me - hand appliqué - but I'm willing to give it a shot. 


I think I'll start with these fat quarters I won from Quilt Dad, John, a while back.


I might not make the full-size quilt, but I'm looking forward to learning a new technique.
I'll keep you posted on how things are going when I actually get started...but right now I need a nap. Zzzzzz.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Hey, I love the idea of a Scrappy Dresden Plate...but, I am up to my elbows in alligators - so, there will be no new projects...

Lynne said...

Yellow and grey looks very fresh.

What Comes Next? said...

good idea to stay clear of the rotary cutter tonight - don't need any slips with it. Your Swoon quilt will be fabulous! And geez! did you have to point me in the direction of a Dresden Plate qal? I've been wanting to make one for ages, and now I may not have an excuse not to! I bet I can bust a few scraps with it - off to see what I could use...

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

We'll be Swoonin' together. I've had my Ruby FQs matched for a couple of months now. I finally cut into them a couple of days ago and started sewing. I have my first block 1/2 finished and my second block almost all cut out. The yellow and gray are very pretty. I can't wait to see your first Dresden Plate with them.

Thimbleanna said...

Like like lots of fun Rachel - 'tis the season for new projects! I'm toying with the idea of doing the scrappy little houses - probably just toying though LOL!