I thought I'd do a little Year in Review post for 2011, more to remind me of what I did before I begin a new "Finished" list on the right-hand side of the page.
2011 was quite a busy year for me, both personally and professionally. Here's a quick rundown of the highlights. This was the year that...
1. I experimented with many FMQ designs (Green and White quilt - January)
2. I made a quilt of my own design (Be Yourself - March)
3. The OnlyChild and I took a trip to San Antonio together (July)
4. The OnlyChild started university (September)
5. I finished my Master of Education degree (December)
6. I returned to Paris with the OnlyChild (December)
I made 7 quilts in 2011. Not too bad. I try not to put too much pressure on myself to increase output. I'd rather appreciate the process and complete each step in my own time.
I also made quite a few holiday projects this year, for gifts and for decorating.
1. Pink peeps bunny bunting 2. Halloween raven 3. Halloween cat mini 4. Snowman mug rugs 5. Santa tea towel
There were lots of other smaller projects completed too.
11, 12, 13. Christmas aprons 14. Valentine's bunting 15. Owl towels
And I can't forget... the Artists Trading Cards for my swap (which ended this year), Washi Easter Eggs, a couple of other dresses, and some knitting projects.
All in all, I'm pretty pleased with what I accomplished in 2011 and I'm looking forward to what 2012 will bring. I have a few projects on my list: the Swoon quilt, a quilt made with Ghastlies fabric, finishing my red and grey bow tie quilt and the Christmas strings quilt, and I also have a pattern and fabric for a Christmas stars quilt. I want to make a jacket from the Sew Serendipity book (I have the fabric already) and probably there will be a new dress or skirt added to my wardrobe. My non-sewing related list includes a school trip to Italy during Spring Break and my high school reunion in August.
Who knows what else will pop up?