Monday, March 14, 2011

Dear Mother Nature,

I just wanted to remind you that it is only a week until the official start of Spring.


It really doesn't look very Spring-y here.


There's an awful lot of snow still on the ground.


And more in the forecast? You've got to be kidding!

We turned out clocks ahead this weekend, Mother Nature. That should be a wake-up call for you. Or have you, perhaps, forgotten about us way up here?

I've been keeping myself busy inside for the past few months.


But I really want to spend some time outside, in the sunshine.


If you're not going to cooperate, I guess I will just have to pretend. I will bring out the Spring colours, paint my toenails, and look at other bloggers' photographs of green grass and flowers blooming.


But, seriously Mother Nature. It's time. Truly it is.

Love,
Rachel

10 comments:

andsewon said...

So sorry you have no signs of Spring yet. We do...;-)
Love the top so far!!!

Thimbleanna said...

That quilt top looks fantastic! You'll laugh when you see what I'm working on -- I'm sort of stalled though -- I wish I liked mine as much as I like yours!

Stacy said...

Wow, you really do have lots of snow. I hope Mother Nature receives your message and acts accordingly :O)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I LOVE IT, Rachel! not the snow, the quilt top! that's it. I'm shopping for a jelly roll (or 2) and I'm going to make my postage stamp quilt.

Barb said...

Ohhhhhh I so love the colors and the top...just awesome....

What Comes Next? said...

But your snow looks so clean! Down here it turns to grey sludgey messy crap almost instantly! Yuck! I love your quilt so bright and sunny, and all those littel squares - you are motoring!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow love the quilt top!!
Spring has sprung here along with pollen flying around!! Achooo!!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I'm just loving this jelly roll project! Just the thing to make you will Spring into action! :o) Come On Mother Nature!

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

I LOVE this quilt top ; I do realized I am a few years late with seeing it :D what is this block called ????????? thanks !

harleywife57/ Mickey White said...

I LOVE this quilt top ; I do realized I am a few years late with seeing it :D what is this block called ????????? thanks !