Monday, February 02, 2009

Another Monday, Another Silly Diet Cartoon

There's just something about Sharon's Diet Challenge that brings out the smart ass in me. I guess it's because it really is a challenge for me and that's how I deal with failure. Okay, not total failure; the scale says I'm down 1 lb. Ooohhhh one whole pound. How many weeks have we been going at this? I think I can, I think I can...
How can you tell it's Monday? That's a rhetorical question, by the way. We ALL know what Monday feels like. After the usual sleepless Sunday night, I drag my tired body out of bed and crawl to work. Doesn't that sound pathetic. But...today is the first day of the new semester at school - so new students, new classes, new piles of marking. Yippeeee. Actually, I am pretty excited, except about the marking (it's going to cut into my sewing time, I just know it).


Here are a couple of the pages I did on Saturday at scrapbooking. These pictures of my daughter were taken when she was just over a year-and-a-half old... so fifteen years ago. I love black and white pictures and I love the red paper I picked for the background. Obviously, I have a little more work to do on the pages, but I get such pleasure out of looking at these photos that I wanted to share them with you.



I'm heading to the post office after work today to mail Shirley's package. Shirley was the winner of my Birthday Giveaway last week. I hope she likes her goodies because I had such fun putting the box together!
And one last message to add to this hodge-podge post today: Sweet Cottage Dreams is having a giveaway - so many red and white lovelies to be won. I hope I win, but you should enter too!

Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi,
Love the scrapbook page of your daughter. I have 2 girls about your daughter's age, mine are 16 and 17. I love black and whites too. Have a good first day of the semester!!
~Karen~

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What cute scrapbooking pages! I wish I had the time. I started a scrapbook when Punkie was born... never picked it up or looked at it again. I'm just not a scrapbooker!

Congrats on the pound loss! Good job!

Barb said...

Yep, itis Monday. Hope it turns out nicely for you. Love the scrap booking...

Judy said...

Hay minus ONE pound is good to me. Sometimes the body changes and it's not always seen in the scale. Although I agree it can get tough...I was hoping for a 15 pound loss by 4 weeks or so! keep up the good work!

Jenessa said...

1lb is better than i did, smart ass! don't get me wrong though, i'm good with you being a smart ass, it amuses me.

Pat said...

I enjoyed seeing your scrapbook pages....I am SOOO behind on scrapbooking and really need to devote more time to it soon.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I'm so glad you didnt say that SHARON brings out the smart ass in you. LOLOL!!!!!!!! One pound is good. Now why are you complaining?? It's great!!!! One pound at a time. That's who we do it.