Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sombre Saturday

The saddest thing... one of my former students died in a car accident last weekend. She was only eighteen - a beautiful young lady, smart, friendly, with her whole life ahead of her. Her funeral was this morning and the church was packed with sobbing girls and sober-looking young men, friends, family, teachers. Everyone wore a touch of green (her favourite colour) and her uncle and aunt delivered a heart-wrenching eulogy. It was sad, but also very sweet.

Life is short, my friends. Do what makes you and those close to you happy. Pursue your dreams and passions.

I'm off to take my own advice.
XOXO

3 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear. My thoughts are with this family during this difficult time. I'm also going to go give my daughter and husband an extra long hug tonight.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Rachel, how very, very sad.
My heart goes out to that poor family.

Sara said...

That is so sad! Thoughts going to her family and to you - you must be a tremendous teacher to care so much.