Friday, February 06, 2009

Draggin' my tail

Oh, I'm not having a very good week. I've been feeling blue and crabby and intolerant, and I can't even blame it on PMS because I know that's not it. Sigh. The kids at school have been hard on the head, I'm just so tired, and I feel like I'm not going anywhere. Have you ever had days like that? When everything you do seems to be a waste of time and you start to question your purpose in life? Sigh again. I sure hope this goes away soon. It's very annoying.

On the upside, I did manage to hide away in my little sewing room the other night and work on the "Let it Snow" quilt I started a while back. Here's a peek at what I've done:

You may not see this, but they are half-trees. I haven't put the other halves together yet. But I will soon. And I will show you my progress, when I've made some. I rushed home from work today and cleaned the house so that I don't have to do it tomorrow morning. I can sew instead.

Well, that ought to cheer me up a bit.

What are your plans for the weekend?

6 comments:

Pat said...

Hope your weekend perks you up...sorry you are down. I've had days like that, as I'm sure we all have. Anyway...the weekend......since the weather is to be sunny and get up to the 60's by Sunday, we may go to the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach for a walk in the fresh air and have lunch at a cute 50's place there. (We have a dining club card that will allow us to buy one lunch and get the other free....so that works well for ME!) Other than that, hope to just relax, mostly, and do sewing and reading and maybe even work a tiny bit on my medical typing (if the mood strikes me...if not, then that can wait). Your half-trees look good...and I'm betting they will be better once we see them as whole trees! :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Sometimes I like feeling down in the dumps. Call me weird. LOL.

Weekend plans... my husband is leaving for a snowmobiling trip to upper Vermont and he won't be home until Wednesday sometime so it's just me and Amelia. We'll probably do some Valentine's Day craft surprise for Daddy and run errands. Not very exciting. Oh. And grocery shopping. Need to do that too.

andsewon said...

Sorry you been so bummed. We all get that way from time to time, could be the WINTER BLAHS. Hope you perk up over the weekend. Love those half trees,;-)
We are to FINALLY have some warmth here so off we got to do some shopping and lunch out Sat then maybe catch a Home Show on Sunday unless we decide to lay out and soak up some rays as we are to be sunny and 72F!!!!!!
Come on down!!!!
Hugs,
Lola

Anonymous said...

Cheer up missy!!! Sewing should have done the trick for you. If not go do some more. Or be a smart ass to me, would that make you feel better? LOLOL I hear ya though. Sometimes us gals just get down. And it sucks. Feel better!!!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I hear ya, loud and clear from MB! Winter is just sooooo long in our part of the world.

Good idea cleaning up on Fri night so you can sew on Sat. That is what you're doing now, right? Hope so!

I could tell straight away that your half blocks were trees. I think they look good. Can't wait to see them finished...

Sara said...

Hope your week-end brings some fun...

Can't wait to see the finished trees - the fabrics look really interesting.

This week-end - I am celebrating my birthday still!!!!