Friday, November 06, 2009

Me, on Friday...

Outside my window... It is very dark. Since we turned the clocks back, it gets dark so early. I'm ready to go to bed by 7:00 pm

I am thinking... that I should get off the computer and go and watch a movie with Mr. P. I can knit while I'm watching.

I am thankful for... the safe return home of Mr. P and the OnlyChild. I missed them both (even though the OnlyChild and I have already had an argument. sigh.)

I am wearing... Lululemon capris, my Paris t-shirt, and a black cardigan... with my booties from Nonna. I changed as soon as I got home from work.

I am remembering... my trip to Baltimore and Washington, DC last December. I was looking at the pictures the other night.

I am reading... Mercy Among the Children by David Adams Richards. He's a New Brunswick writer and a woman I knew was friends with him. His work is real and raw.

On my mind... Romeo Dallaire. He was the commander of the UN forces during the genocide in Rwanda. I (and 12 of my students) went to a presentation by him this afternoon.

From the learning rooms... still working on my masters course; still not really enjoying it. I signed up for another course next semester and I am already questioning that decision.

Noticing that... my sewing room is (as usual) in need of a good cleaning and clearing out. How the junk accumulates in here!

Pondering these words... to paraphrase the character Sydney Henderson from Mercy Among the Children: Any harm you do to others is also an injustice to yourself.

From the kitchen... As I was working on my course tonight, Mr. P came up with a bacon-and-tomato bagel for me. How sweet!

Around the house... did a bit of cleaning last night because I know tomorrow will be dedicated to finishing all the marking I didn't get done this week.

One of my favorite things... a nice, hot cup of tea after a long day!

From my picture journal...


In front of the Capitol Building in Washington, DC, December 2008.

From The Simple Woman's Daybook.

8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Love these postings. That bagel means that Mr. P missed you! ;-)

Barb said...

Love your picture and glad your family is home save. I don't know if you remember but that picture kinda reminds me of "That Girl"

Stacy said...

I like your posts from The Simple Woman's Daybook. How sweet of Mr. P to bring you a bagel. Love the picture of you in front of the White House. I want to go to DC some day, that's one area of the country I've never visited.

Hope you have a nice weekend and the marking doesn't take up too much of your time tomorrow.

Stacy said...

Oops, I meant to say I love the picture of you in front of the Capital Building, not the White House.

julia said...

I love this post! It is very interesting to get to know you better. You have wonderful things going on and beautiful thoughts.

Sue said...

Popped in to say "Hi". Loved your Halloween outfit...You should wear it again before next Halloween, perhaps a Ren Fair? Hope you have a restful weekend!
Blessings~LillySue

Dogwood said...

Love reading your "Me, on Friday." You are a sweetie. You do lead a busy and interesting life. I bet you are glad it is the weekend and get to do whatever you want to do.

Have a serene weekend and enjoy all the joys it offers to you.

Hugs...

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your stream of consciousness (sort of) "Me, on Friday" post -- am becoming a follower; and thank you for entering my giveaway. :)