Sunday, November 08, 2009

projects on the go

It's November... and I finally got my October block finished for Bunny Hill's A Tisket A Tasket BOM. I have been working on November's block, too. It's all put together and ready to be stitched so (hopefully) I should be able to show it to you later this week.


I got a little behind with Sandi's Seasons of the Heart BOM blocks. Here's September's:


And October's: (I need to get rid of the quilting marker lines on this one... oops)


I started a new knitting project, with a pattern from this post. It's knit on circular needles, which is a brand new technique for me. I've already got it all twisted, but since it's a scarf and not a sweater or a hat, I think it will be okay. It's just for me, anyway - not a Christmas gift. When I get a bit more progress made on it, I'll show you how it's going.
.
And finally... A giveaway! Barbara of Pinelands Patches and Beadscapes is celebrating her one-year blogiversary with a wonderful giveaway.

I just love those beaded snowflakes!
.
The weekend is drawing to a close. As usual, I didn't get half of what I'd planned finished. I did some (lots of) marking yesterday and some knitting last night. I went to the gym this morning, then to the fabric store (which was unbelievably busy because there was a members' only sale going on). This afternoon, I cleaned a bit, changed the bedsheets, and put together the BOMs. Now it's supper time. I still have marking and planning to do for tomorrow, so I'll be busy this evening.
.
Sunday night is my least-favourite time of the week. I'm most definitely a Friday afternoon girl!




7 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

You and me both Rachel! Give me Friday afternoon anytime! My weekend was a bust -- leaves, leaves and more leaves. The only needles in sight were pine needles! Your blocks all look great!

Barb said...

Love your block of the month!!

Kaye said...

Your bom look great!

Pat said...

Your blocks look TERRIFIC.....someday I am going to get to mine. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Rachel, your applique stitches on the blocks are so fine. I had to look really hard to find the quilting marker lines! Thanks for posting about my giveaway...good luck!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You got lots done! I didn't get as much done as I would have liked but I did get 2 tote bags cut - my least favorite step - now I can start sewing! And I attended a stablizer class for machine embroidery...

Your blocks are great!

Stacy said...

Your blocks are very cute. I like the one for October in particular. I clicked the link to check out the scarf you are knitting and wow, it's gorgeous! I love seed stitch. Hope you have a great week.