Tuesday, November 17, 2009

tired + caffeine = rough day tomorrow

.
Yikes, I'm tired.

For the last two nights, I haven't slept at all. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration; I must have slept a bit. But it feels like I've been awake for days.

I never sleep well on Sunday nights - all kinds of things run through my head: did I do enough work this weekend? do I have everything ready for school tomorrow? what will I wear? why did I sleep until 9:00 this morning?

Then last night I came home from work and promptly fell asleep in the chair (instead of going to the gym. sigh). That made it hard to fall asleep at bedtime.

So what do I go and do? Silly me... I went to a meeting tonight and had 2 (yes, TWO) cups of coffee. The not decaffeinated kind. I can't handle caffeine in the mornings, never mind at 8:00 at night.

Now it's nearly midnight and I'm WIDE AWAKE, bouncing off the walls, and feeling a bit nauseated because I'm also extremely TIRED.
.


It's gonna be a rough day tomorrow.

Uh huh!

9 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh boy!! Hope you got some sleep.

Kaye said...

I used to have the pot going all day, and it din't affect me in any way. Then after so many years of drinking it,it just lost its flavor and appeal. I just stopped drinking it and din't have any any affects on me. Go figure. I drink lots and lots of water and green tea once in a while

Thimbleanna said...

Ooops! I hope it's not too bad today. Just be glad you don't have a desk job -- you'd surely fall asleep and get fired LOL!

What Comes Next? said...

Poor you! I hope today is not too rough on you, and that you are able to get some sleep tonight.

julia said...

I've been in the place you are right now. It's difficult to sleep when your mind won't turn off!!!

Barb said...

Sorry, hope you get some sleep soon!!

Stacy said...

Oh, I hate those nights when you know you have GOT to get some sleep, but can't. I can't drink caffeine in the evenings either ... or after 3pm. I used to drink coffee daily, but like Kaye it lost it's appeal at some point. Now I just drink it once in a while. Hope you made through the day today.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I hope you got some sleep and some much needed rest, Rachel.

noelle said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I hope you are getting some sleep! will be back to visit soon x x xnoelle