Monday, December 27, 2010

The Plunge

Santa came to our house.


He brought awesome presents for everyone (as usual). I asked for two things this Christmas: a globe and long underwear. I got both, plus some other great gifts.


The OnlyChild (a.k.a Santa's Helper) filled my stocking with sewing supplies, including these beautiful fabrics. She definitely inherited her good shopping genes from her father, not me.

Our dining room table was decked out in gold and red for the feast.


Everyone pulled their Christmas crackers and wore the silly paper hats (a family tradition). Here I am with my nephew Chris, who is staying with us for a while. 


Some people can't handle all the excitement so they need to nap.


Others head to the sewing machine at the earliest opportunity.


 I finally took the plunge and started quilting the Checkerboard. I was scared!


I quilted diagonal lines in pale gold thread throughout the main part of the quilt, but I'm stuck on what to do with the borders. I'd better choose a design soon because I'd really like this quilt to be a 2010 finish!

I also did a little embroidery Christmas day, while watching all three Shrek movies, one after the other. Who knew I could sit still that long?


This is a design by Tricia-Rennea, which she posted on her blog as a colouring page. I'm hoping she creates a few more Miss Daphne pictures. They'd make a cute wallhanging!

This holiday is just flying by, way too quickly for my liking. There's so much I want to do before I have to go back to work - Yoga and kettlebell classes, finish this Checkerboard quilt, make a dress with and for the OnlyChild, finish a couple of other 2010 WIPs, make my January ATCs... and I have a bit of planning to do for school too. But I am enjoying just hanging around, relaxing, sleeping in a bit, visiting. Ahhhh... good stuff!

How was your Christmas?

5 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks like you had a good Christmas..who wouldn't between fabric gifts and a chance at some time at the sewing machine!

Hope New Years is as good!

Barb said...

You sure are trying to get in all you can before you have to go back to school....that is wonderful that you have this opportunity and your projects are just as wonderful.

Looks like a fun time was had at your home....hope you have a Wonderful New Years!!

Peggy said...

Whew - I need that nap just reading about all that you do/want to do! Sounds like a marvelous Christmas - all the best in the New Year

andsewon said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all at your home this holiday! Take it just one day at a time and have fun no pressure! Who will know the difference of a project done in 2010 or 2011...;-)
Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Lola

Stacy said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas! Funny coincidence-- I watched Shrek Forever After on Christmas day. (I like the second one best-- the music is so fun.) Your quilt looks beautiful, I hope you meet your goal of finishing it in 2010.