Monday, April 18, 2011

PS quilt top

Strips sewn into sets cut into segments sewn into blocks sewn into rows sewn into a QUILT TOP!

I finished the Postage Stamp quilt top last night, just before bedtime. I needed a little sewing time after the frustrating afternoon I had yesterday trying to do work for school and losing it on the computer (how does that happen anyway?) then having to re-do it.

Sewing was therapy.


I waited until after work (a loooonnnggg day!) to take pictures, hoping I would get some nice sunlight but I got home too late and the sun had already said goodnight.


This is our current "spare room", recently vacated by the nephew who came for a month and stayed for four. It used to be the OnlyChild's room and she picked the wall colours - red and green. Red and green? She was in grade 7 at the time and (if I remember correctly) she had blue hair. A word of advice for you: Never let a pre-teen with blue hair decorate her own room.

I'm going to repaint it - maybe a nice, buttery yellow - then move my sewing room in here because it's bigger. The bed, dresser and wicker chair will cross the hallway to occupy my tiny sewing room.


So, now I have two Oh Cherry Oh quilts to finish - Postage Stamp and O'Cherries.

Don't let me start anything new until they're done, okay?


This post was linked to Fabric Tuesday on Quilt Story!

9 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Very pretty!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh they are both SO PRETTY!!!! I'm going to buckle down and get my PS top done. I worked on 4 more blocks yesterday. I have a total of 17 done. But today I need to work on a birthday gift so they will have to wait.

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- like any of us are great examples of not starting new stuff when things need to be finished. They look fantastic -- both of them!!!

Keep Stitchin' said...

These are just so pretty! I love them both, but I especially love O' Cherry. Great work!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Wow Rachel - that's great! I love your fabrics too. Jenn

Patty said...

looking good Rachel.

What Comes Next? said...

they both look so pretty! Congrats on getting the second top finished - that must feel good. sewing is the best therapy I know for a crappy day. (That and a glass of wine maybe...)

Quiltstory said...

Love alot! Thanks for linking to Quiltstory!

rachel griffith said...

i personally love your postage stamp quilt. <--course i might be a tad bit biased. *wink*