Monday, May 25, 2009

Loser Monday... Yippee!


I've lost ONE pound since the last time I weighed myself... can't quite remember when that was. Hey, it's a loss - I'll take it!
.
And a recipe to share. I found this in a magazine at the gym and tried it the next night. Delicious! And healthy! And so easy!
.
.
Three Bean and Turkey Chili

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 can diced tomatoes with jalapeño peppers
1 10.5 oz can of each: chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans
1 can low-sodium chicken broth
¼ tsp each salt and cumin
1/8 tsp each cinnamon and cayenne pepper

Heat oil on medium-low heat. Sauté onion until transparent. Add turkey and brown 5 minutes. Add other ingredients. Bring to a boil then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Done!
.
I'll be back tomorrow with photos of my Spring Spell quilt, which I finished yesterday. I have a sore finger from sewing on the binding. boohoo.

6 comments:

Pat said...

Congrats on the 1-lb. loss. A month ago, I had lost 6 lbs. in 2 weeks and was very happy with myself. Then.....since I injured my ribs on Mother's Day, I have gained 4 of those lbs. back. *sigh*

Unknown said...

congrats on the 1 lb loss. I can't wait to see the quilt.

Jenessa said...

yay 1lb! and you completed a quilt? look at you be all accomplished and stuff. i'm still quilting (not actively) the quilt i started about 8 years ago for my dh... yeah, it'll sit for a while :)

andsewon said...

YEAH YOU!!!! A pound is a pound...will add up soon to 2 pounds ..you will see..;-)
I love beans , I can eat them just about any way except with real hot peppers...have never been able to handle the heat. HA!! DH and my Mama loved them and yes we grow them.. I love the smell though.. go figure!
Pooh on sore fingers...hope they fell better soon!! I have got real bad about sticking myself of late!!!

Oh cool you finished a project!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

WOOHOO! Good for you! Wish I liked beans so that I could try the chili recipe but I will skip it. Beans are yucky. LOL!

Can't wait to see the quilt!!

Stacy said...

Congrats on the loss!