Saturday, December 03, 2011

Christmas Aprons!

I love this pattern from Sew4Home. It was very well-written and easy to follow. The aprons were quick to sew and so cute!

I did change a couple of things - I made the aprons fully reversible by sewing a contrasting band to both sides, as well as a pocket and towel loop. I also omitted the buttons (I know, hard to believe given my fascination with buttons).

Here are my results:





The first one is a gift for my friend Patt; the second may just make its home with me.
.
I think I'll be making some more of these in non-Christmas fabrics!

9 comments:

Pat said...

LOVE these! I should make an apron sometime. I don't have one and I guess it would be nice if I used one once in awhile. :) GOOD job, Rachel!!!

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Very nice. Love the towel loop.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cute cute cute!!! If I had time, I would whip some out for gifts.

Betty Lou said...

Very nice, looks a little more updated then the standard butchers apron. Thanks for sharing.

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Rachel! I love that their reversible and I REALLY love that towel loop. I want to remember to do that on my next apron -- I'm always searching for a towel!

Barb said...

Love the aprons.....

Julie Fukuda said...

Great idea. A towel loop would be most helpful too.

Stacy said...

Very cute, Rachel! Especially that second one. They look like fun to sew.

Michele said...

I love it! How great that it's reversible :-) very nice!