Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Projects of Christmas Past

Last year, right before Christmas, I made a few tea towels



but there was one I didn't finish. So, last night I completed the appliqué and it's ready to be a gift for someone.


Last year, around Christmas, I also started some green, red and white string blocks. I got a stack made then put them away and didn't take them out again


until last night. I only got two made, but now I remember why I started the project in the first place. Fun!


Last year, maybe after Christmas, I did a cute little stitchery from a picture I found on this blog. I wish I could show it to you, but I can't find any pictures of it - none in my files and none on my blog posts. I also can't find the stitchery itself so I'm beginning to wonder if I imagined it. Nah. Couldn't be.

I planned to make it into a Santa Sack for my mother's stocking presents. Sigh. Since I couldn't find that project to work on tonight (after I finished my marking, of course), I started something else. I can only show you a little peek right now.



I got to use my ruffler foot - and you know how much I love that ruffler foot! I wish I could spend all my extra time at the sewing machine.

In case I don't get back on here in the next couple of days (the marking is starting to pile up again - crazy stacks everywhere - and I have an "engagement" or two to attend), I wanted to let you know that I will be participating in the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day.


Come back here on December 12 and see what's happening!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

I hope you find the missing stitchery!

Thw blocks look good - string blocks are fun indeed.

Pat said...

Oh...I do hate it when I can't find something I KNOW I have started working on (and want to continue with it). I hope you find the stitchery. Your blocks and towels are very nice!

Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- I have started Christmas projects that never finished -- I should follow your lead. I love my ruffler foot too, although I always have trouble figuring out what length I should start with to get the finished length that I want!

Barb said...

Loved your Christmas past!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I've been debating a ruffler foot for my own machine. I can't figure out a gathering stitch to make a ruffle "by hand" so I'm thinking this would help. but then again... how often would I make ruffles?! Love those tea towels. I love how we get so much done at the Christmas crunch time!