Thursday, December 08, 2011

Not Machine Washable

Another one of my brainwaves...wash my ironing board cover. It was looking a bit dingy and, since I take a lot of photos of projects on top of the ironing board, I figured it needed some sprucing up.

The tag said, "Not Machine Washable".

Ha! I laugh in the face of washing instructions. I put it in the machine anyway and out it came, looking like this:


And there is NO way it's going to fit back on the ironing board. 
.
It's not like I iron clothes on it or anything - although Mr. P irons a shirt for work every night - but I had plans to join in the Friday Night Sew-in tomorrow night and, without the use of an ironing board, I won't be able to.


I guess it's off to Superstore for me. Maybe they'll have a cover in a nice, pretty yellow to match my sewing room.

What are you going to work on for FNSI?

6 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL I did that too!!!

Barb said...

I am sorry to have laughed...

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You can't STRETCH it to make it fit again?! LOL!! I know what you can work on during FNSI! A new ironing cover!! I will not be officially participating. I will be doing some sewing (hopefully) but plans change from day to day. I hope my plans stay as in and I can finish up my coupon clutches.

Lynne said...

I replaced mine a couple of months ago and the new one looks awful already! That's the last time I buy a nearly plain cover, even if it is a pretty colour!

Thimbleanna said...

Make your own Rachel -- and then it will be machine washable LOL! I love my home-made ironing board cover -- I just put it over the top of my old stained one -- the more padding the better!

Anonymous said...

Well, that totally stinks!