Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Last Finish of the Year

Well, I did it.

I finished the OnlyChild`s 2011 ornament...on Christmas Eve, as usual (despite my early start this year).


I know there are still a few days left in the year, but I won`t be here to start or finish any more projects because tomorrow morning, the OnlyChild and I are headed to PARIS!

It`s just a short trip (5 days total) and it was completely free, except for the spending money. How? The tour company with which I booked our school trip to Italy in the Spring offers "training tours" for tour leaders. As a bonus (because I have a rather large group), I was able to bring someone along with me. Normally, this would be a spouse or another trip chaperone, but Mr. P doesn't like to travel (I know...weird!) and the other chaperones all have family obligations over Christmas and New Year's, so I'm taking the OnlyChild.

We are going to have a great time! And I will take lots of pictures to share with you...because I got a new camera for Christmas this year!

I've been playing around with it a little...

Big head AbbyDog

Sock Monkey Peejay made for the OnlyChild by my Mum

 The table set for Christmas dinner (colour select option on the camera)
.
I've emailed myself a copy of the camera manual in PDF, which I will download onto my iPad...just in case I want to read up on the camera features. Wow - technology.

By the way, my new camera's name is Rosie. She's a Nikon (much to the OnlyChild's horror - she's a Canon girl) CoolPix S8200. She's red and very cute, not that "cute" should be the primary feature of a camera. I can't wait to learn more about how to use her...and I can't think of a better place to experiment with photos than Paris!

See you all in a few days.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Great finish, and I am soooo excited for the two of you, what fun! Be safe and enjoy!

Thimbleanna said...

The ornament is adorable Rachel -- congratulations on getting it done in time -- what a wonderful keepsake it will become. I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip -- I'm so excited for you two and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Julie Fukuda said...

Have a super trip! We all await the photos.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

Lynne said...

Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Paris! I wish I could go with you! Show us lots of pics when you get back.

Unknown said...

I hope you have a great trip. Yes, take lots of pictures.

Emma said...

Your ornament is wonderful. I hope you and your daughter have a fabulous trip.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Enjoy Paris!!!!! Have fun! Eat lots of yummy food, see all the great art!! Happy new year!!!!