Friday, March 20, 2009

To sleep, perchance to dream

I think Derby has the right idea:

A good nap is a beautiful thing.

I can't seem to keep my eyes open in the evenings lately. I got home from work tonight, read the newspaper and promptly fell asleep sitting upright in the chair. I drifted in and out of a very uncomfortable sleep for almost two hours. It was terrible. When I finally woke up, I was groggy and disoriented. Why, I ask myself, did I not just go up and have a real lay-down on the bed? I think I was in denial and didn't want to admit I needed a nap. I had far too much to do tonight to waste time on sleep: I needed to go to the gym (didn't happen), pick out something to wear for the wedding tomorrow (haven't done that yet either), and clean the house because there isn't time tomorrow. Nothing is done and I'm ready for bed.

I've been so tired and unmotivated in the evenings lately; I haven't worked on a single project since last weekend, and I miss it. The OnlyChild has been sick all week; she's coughing and hacking and sniffling and sneezing. Poor girl. I'm not sick (knock on wood), but I feel dragged out. I wonder if it's due to this lingering winter weather. First day of Spring? Ha! Our temps are barely above freezing for a few hours a day and the snow is still covering every available surface.

I'm sooooo ready for some sunshine.

5 comments:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

I did the same thing all this week too. If I sat down for a second to do some hand sewing, I would start to fall asleep. The worst part is that I would toss and turn in bed, because I had too much sleep in the chair or on the couch. I think I need to start doing my hand sewing standing up if I want to get anything done!!
~Karen~

Stacy said...

I'm glad you're back! I was starting to wonder where you were and figured you must be busy preparing for your trip.

I hope you get some time this weekend (Sunday??)for rest and rejuvenation. A massage? Pedicure? Uninterrupted craft time?

Hang in there, spring is coming. Oh, and that is such cute picture of Derby!

Pat said...

I'm always tired lately, it seems. STAY AWAY from Only Child so you don't get sick before your trip.

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

Rachel
I pop over to take a visit. Fun pictures of Abby and Debry. And your trip howfun does that sound. When do you go. Hopefully the kids you chaperone will behave and you can enjoy your visit.
Hope you have a great day.
Regena

Sara said...

Derby looks adorable! And, I think we are all feeling like you are...Napping at times when I never thought I would be...I hope you feel better...