It's Loser Monday so I thought I'd better do my post before General Geranium comes after me. I weighed this morning, but I forgot to do it before breakfast and shower. The status quo remains, so to speak, in that I haven't lost anything but nothing gained either. I do feel "normalized" now ~ I'm eating more regularly and getting my fruit and veggies in. I still battle a bit with the munchies after work, so I've tried a couple of things: either find something to do not in close proximity to the refrigerator, or start making supper and eat a bit earlier. I need to plan meals better, I know that.
I never did attend a WW meeting, like I said I would. I gave it a lot - A LOT - of thought and decided that I already pay out enough $ for a gym membership and right now I'm not willing to fork out another $14-16 a week for WW. I used to be a WW leader; there really isn't anything they can tell me that I don't know and if I can't do this without them, I have bigger problems. That's my psychobabble justification anyway.
Okay... Tagged! Pat tagged me for a fun game. I have to list 8 things in a few different categories and then I have to tag 8 bloggers to do the same. I won't tag specific people, because I've done that a couple of times already in the past few months, so if you think this is fun, go ahead and join in!
8 things I am looking forward to:
- Dance class on Thursday night
- Warm weather and the end of snow
- Seeing my grade 12 students graduate this year
- Going to Italy and possibly France next summer
- Summer vacation... the countdown is on
- Starting my master's course (next week)
- Wearing my new skirt (almost finished), jacket, and shoes
- 3:00 pm when the bell rings (I'm at work... shhh... don't tell anyone)
8 things I did yesterday:
- Slept until 9:00 (that's very late for me!)
- Ate a bagel for breakfast
- Did some sewing on my skirt
- Wrote another chunk of a learning guide
- Went to the gym
- Washed two loads of laundry
- Watched Desperate Houswives after supper
- Stayed up waaayyy too late uploading pictures for my first post today
8 things I wish I could do:
- Finish the novel I started writing 5 1/2 years ago, and
- Get published
- Clean up my sewing room so I have more space to actually create something in there
- Get rid of that pesky extra 15 lbs I'm carrying around
- Travel more (I have a Places to Visit list and it keeps growing)
- Live and work in Paris for a year
- Sing the national anthem at a hockey game
- Speak French fluently (I get by...)
8 songs that make my toes tap (originally this category was 8 TV shows I like to watch, but I don't watch much TV)
- I'm Yours by Jason Mraz (current favourite)
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
- Hey There Delilah by the Plain White Ts
- In My Life by the Beatles
- Crazy by Patsy Cline (but I like Norah Jones's version better)
- Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper (I'm a child of the 80s)
- Cover of the Rolling Stone by Dr. Hook
- Five Days in May by Blue Rodeo
Oops, that was 9. Oh well... I have eclectic taste. I could have added 90 more; these were just what jumped into my head while I was typing.
8 blogs to tag:
- You can tag yourself. I'm not even sure I have 8 regular readers on my blog. I know I have a core fan base of about 4 (thank you; I love you all). Hey, have fun with this. I did!
So, no picture for this post because I'm at work and all the good ones are saved on my laptop at home. But, you've had enough of pictures, haven't you? The earlier post was the last one in which I will brag about my trip. I mean, I've been home for 3 weeks. Is it three? It's time to get back to reality. And, it's time for me to get back to work.