Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Be Yourself

The Authentic quilt... finally.

I've decided to rename it "Be Yourself".

I started out with an idea to use the charm pack I bought to make a Chinese Coins quilt.


I sewed all those little pieces together into long strips.


And then, of course, I changed my mind.

I can't tell you how many times I've designed and re-designed this quilt in my head. I have thought about it at work, in the car, while I'm supposed to be sleeping, during yoga class.

The other night, with Mr. P snoring beside me, a figurative lightbulb went on in my head and this is what I came up with:




Four-patch blocks inside larger solid blocks. But, as you can see, they are not all centred.

Here you can see the effect better.


I have other solid colours too, for variety. I'll keep you posted!

So far, I'm really liking this one.

I've linked this project to Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday. Come on over and see what others are making!



10 comments:

Pat said...

That is going to be very interesting.....I love the name you gave it!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Now, what I want to know is ... did you un-sew those strips or did you start over?

Tangos Treasures said...

Very cool!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel! It's going to be wonderful! I chance also my mind during the work and think over and over again when 'sleeping'!
Have a lovely day!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

don't you love that when one idea turns into something else? and then again into something else? hahah! ah, i know that well.. it will look great any which way! nice job!

andsewon said...

Hope I don't jinx it but I really like this design!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I love it!! And yes, I want to know too.... was the seam ripper your friend for all those coins??

Thimbleanna said...

That's going to be really cool Rachel! Did you have to unpick all those long strips, or did you just cut them up?

Sinta Renee said...

I love the 4 patch idea! It really sets off the fabric... which gives me an idea for some fabric I have... thanks Rachel!

Quiltstory said...

Loving this design! :) White looks so good as sashing1 : Thanks for linking up to Fabric Tuesday!