Saturday, February 19, 2011

In the end, I chose black

I finally made a decision. I chose the black fabric to border the final set of four-patch blocks for Be Yourself. And I'm okay with it.

This is going to change the plans I had for quilting, however.




Once I had finished all 14 black blocks (there are now 42 blocks in total), I cut into these beautiful fabrics that the OnlyChild gave me for Christmas.


I'm making the smaller version of this:


I love this pattern! I'll give you a peek at my Mini Mail Sack when I'm finished.

Today, I'm meeting my friend Kim for breakfast, then we're going to a quilt shop or two, and who knows what else. It's always a bit of an adventure with Kim. That girl can shop for days!

It's a long weekend...and with no marking. Plenty of time to visit and sew. Have a happy one!

11 comments:

Pat said...

Enjoy your day...I like your blocks that are bordered in black! (And nice fabrics from your daughter, too!)

pogonip said...

Love the black! It's a totally different vibe. Of course, I love contrast so...

Impera Magna said...

That is a cool bag you're going to make... love your fabrics too!

Dogwood said...

I love the black border!
You go girl.
Smiles and have a nice weekend.

Angie @ CraftedAngles said...

Cute blocks! I like the messenger bag pattern too!

Angie - http://craftedAngles.com

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I love the black. Great choice!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I like how the blocks turned out with the black border. They really pop! Great choice :)

Marg said...

The blocks look great bordered in black.
Love the fabrics for your bag.

Thimbleanna said...

I love those prints bordered in black -- I can't wait to see how they look with the other fabrics. Hope you had a great day with your friend!

Barb said...

I hope you had a fun time with Kim. I love the black around the blocks and look forward to seeing all of the things you plan to make...

andsewon said...

can't wait to see the top all sewn up!
Have fun with the bag????
Hugs,
Lola