Wednesday, February 02, 2011

More Free Motion

I finished free-motion quilting the last of the "lights" on the Green and White quilt. I enjoyed trying out all the different patterns and making this a true sampler quilt. Some of these designs I would definitely do again - perhaps over an entire quilt. Others weren't for me.

Here are the last 5 blocks. The first four quilting designs came from Leah's blog - the Free Motion Quilting Project. I love her video tutorials!

Sashiko Shells

Mud Flats

Shadow Waves
(this is the only block that I quilted all over with the design)

Cat Hairball

I made this one up - let's call it Vines

I'm in the process of outline quilting the greens (or "darks") in the blocks. I'm keeping that part simple. Honestly, I'm looking forward to finishing up this quilt so I can move on to quilting Snowmen in the Woods (all basted and ready to go!), and then start working on Authentic (which I keep designing and re-designing in my head).

Semester 2 began today... no marking yet, but I'm busy planning for a brand new course. World History - very exciting! (for me).

Is it still Monday? Sure feels like it... I hope you're having a great day and getting some sewing time in!

10 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

great quilting Rachel! I lke the Mudflats, and your Vine one in particular, nicely done!
Have fun developing the new course material,

Unknown said...

great quilting, love your vines

Julie Fukuda said...

Looks like you have gotten the hang of it!

Thimbleanna said...

Looking good Rachel! Had to laugh at cat hairball though!

Dogwood said...

I love your free motion quilting.
Semester 2?
Where did Semester 1 go?
Eek.
Time passes!

Barb said...

I am soooo impressed, you are doing an amazing job with the free motion....just amazing.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Looks great Rachel! You are inspiring me to give freemotion a try (again).

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Great going with your free motion...love the vines pattern...very pretty!

Vesuviusmama said...

What a great job you did on all those blocks!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

great job on the free motion!!! your doing just great!