Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finished!

  • Another knitted project (trying to be cryptic here so I don't give too much info away)
  • A quilt top and the backing. I'm going to pin it after work tomorrow. I like to use the classroom floors to lay out my quilts rather than do them on the hardwood at home. That would be a disaster! Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have an update on this saying that I'm finished the whole quilt, finally.
  • Most of the marking that came in today - and tomorrow is a PD day so no kids at school!
  • My very good book The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. I'm so sad it's done. Now what am I going to read...?
Some finishes are good; others not so much.


This week brought good mail! I received two cards from my ATC swap group. Our theme was "The Witching Hour."

    The one on the left is from Stacy; the right hand card is from Cory. I think they're so beautiful!

    And here are the cards I sent out for October. I made two different styles this month because I wanted to try both the witch stamp and the spider web.

Well, I think I'm also finished with this day. It's time for me to go to bed!

Night night.

15 comments:

Pat said...

You have been very productive! Love the cards you got AND made.

Kaye said...

The cards you made are soooo nice. Lucky you to be able to get on the floor to put the quilts together, if I got down I'd never get up. LOL

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow -- how are you getting all this stuff done with all of your schoolwork??? The cards look great -- I'll be cheering your quilt on while I'm trying to do one of my own LOL!

julia said...

I love the cards, both your friends' and your!! I agree with Thimbleanna, how do you do it???

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Do you sleep?? The ATC you did are great! Stacy's is cute too. I commented on her blog about it. I wish I had papercrafting talent. I tried once. It's just not in me.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rachel,
I mailed your ATC card on Monday...
Love the one you sent me!!and the spider one is great too.
You are one busy gal...how do you find time to post so often??
Happy Weekend.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Barb said...

Love the cards!!

What Comes Next? said...

Congrats on your "Finished" - it always feels good to get things done, and knowing you, that quilt will be all finished by the end of the weekend! You are one productive gal! Love the ATCs - your all so creative it kills me!

Sara said...

Love, love the cards you made!!!!

Sherri said...

Love those cards you made...they are amazing!

Stacy said...

I'm so glad to see you've had time for quilting, knitting, and reading. Your ATCs are amazing, I love the one I received so much. You are very talented.

Thanks for the pic of my card. Hope you have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

OMG, I ❤ your cards! You are sooooo creative Rachel.

Dogwood said...

Wow, my dear you got a lot done. Busy lady! I received the ATC from you and LOVE it! The spider is beautiful and web wonderful.

Have a nice day.

Andrea said...

Looking forward to seeing the quilt finish - sounds like you've had a good week xx

SueWis said...

You can tell it's a good book when you don't want it to end. I know exactly what you mean.