Friday, October 09, 2009

Snow? Oh No!

Yikes! It snowed! And it's still snowing!

Yep, we woke up yesterday morning to cold temperatures and that white stuff covering the ground.

And despite my bold pronouncement in the staff room that it couldn't possibly stick around (after all, the green leaves are still on the trees), it's been snowing again today.

Here's the view from my office window at lunch time yesterday.



Sigh. I'm already tired of it.

Snow before Halloween? Before Thanksgiving, even? Disgusting!

I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving. And Happy Columbus Day to my American friends. Aren't we lucky to have a long weekend?


I plan to sew. (After the marking, planning and writing, that is). How about you?



7 comments:

Pat said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and I hope you DO get to sew this weekend!!!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Oh how fun! I love the snow. It's so festive. Can't believe we haven't gotten any here in Utah.

Sorry, you're not getting to your sewing machine enough. Hope you find a way to soon! :)

Stacy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I have to confess, I didn't realize you celebrate it in October in Canada. See, blogging is teaching me so much! :o) Hope you enjoy your long weekend and do lots of sewings. And wow, I can't believe you have snow all ready. We are expecting a major storm next week.

andsewon said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rachel!! I spent a few in St. John , N.B. and also a few Remembrance Days... enjoyed them all!SNOW! Yikes. I also think snow has been falling in Oregon and Washington state.
When i was a child in Ind , yes back in the colonial days, we had snow on some Halloweens!!
I hope you get to sew some!!!We have rain.
Hugs!
Lola

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Sorry, but I live in sunny california and the snow looks wonderful to me, wow it is so beautiful...I love seeing the pictures, I am a new follower of yours and I enjoyed my visit..come to my house for a visit

Sara said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you...for me it is Columbus Day weekend...

You have snow! Oh my goodness! That's funny...

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rach....hope the snow melts soon.