Friday, October 16, 2009

Today


Outside my window … it is overcast and dull. But at least it isn’t snowing.

I am thinking … about the work I have to do this weekend: marking, writing, planning and assignments for the course I’m taking.

I am thankful for … a warm and cosy house. And for my husband, who doesn't mind driving all over town for our daughter.

I am wearing … jeans, a black shirt and a long grey sweater.

I am remembering … how much I enjoyed being a stay-at-home mum for the year I was on maternity leave.

I am going … to try to finish my “Let it Snow” quilt this weekend. I decided to take off and re-do one of the borders because it didn’t quite line up properly.

I am readingThe Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. It is a novel about the aftermath of the Columbine shootings. It’s amazing – as are his other two novels.

I am hoping … that I have some time to do what I want this weekend – sewing, knitting, reading.
.
I am noticing that … our old cat, Rex, meows like he’s in pain. It’s the Siamese cat in him. The sound is piercing and annoying – especially at 3 in the morning.
.
One of my favorite things … is having the house to myself for a couple of hours. If it’s any longer than that, I miss my family.

From my picture journal … this is a photo of a room at Orwell Corner Historic Village on Prince Edward Island. My mother and I visited the museum in the summer of 2008.
.
From the Simple Woman's Daybook. You can play along here.

12 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, I was at the library today and there was a book called "COLUMBINE" - I almost picked it up...but, I have too many other books to catch up on.

Enjoyed all your answers...

Pat said...

I like reading the answers bloggers put on these lists. Sara does them a lot.....I always draw a blank when I try to think of answers for them.

Thimbleanna said...

A very cool post Rachel. I, too, hope that you get some play time this weekend -- you deserve it!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi...
I thought that was your guest bedroom :)
I'm wishing for more time in my days since I started "working" at the estate house.
I need to finish the ATC cards this weekend, (ha ha) and get them in the mail!!
Let's both just relax this weekend...(another ha ha).
Warmly,
Deb

Sherri said...

Great post...love the daybook format! And what a gorgeous room...no wonder you have it in your picture book!

Dogwood said...

I also thought that precious room was your guest room and I was going to suggest that I come visit you!!! Love your post today. Thanks.

Stacy said...

I thought that was your sewing room and was turning green with envy! That was a great post, I really enjoyed reading it. I read Wally Lamb's first novel, I Know This Much is True years ago and loved it but have never read any of his other books. Maybe I need to put them on my list. Hope you have an excellent weekend with lots of time to sew and knit.

Stacy said...

Oops, I got mixed up! You're right, She's Come Undone was his first novel and that's the one I read. I haven't read any of his other books, but now I might. Have a great day :o)

Sue said...

I hope you are warm and cozy and getting to do something fun!
Blessings~LillySue

julia said...

I love reading your reflections of your day! I love Wally Lamb too. I haven't read that book yet though.

beachvintage.com said...

I love your answer to: My Favourite thing....I couldnt agree more with that comment. Thanks so much for dropping by Beach Vintage and leaving a comment.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I liked this post, very much. I hope you got a chance to get some sewing in!