A few years back (ohhh, maybe about 13 or so), a lady I worked with encouraged me to make a "Spirit List", listing all the things I want to do in the short term or accomplish in life.
Although this is by no means an exhaustive list, and it veers off into the wacky zone a bit, I wanted to share it with you.
- Sing the national anthem at a hockey game. I prefer “The Star Spangled Banner” to “O Canada” so it would have to be a night on which a U.S. team was visiting and I could sing both.
- Be a novelist. I would give up teaching (and all that dratted marking) in a split second if I knew for sure I could make money writing.
- Have a baby… but I won’t because I’m almost 40 and I have no desire to do all the work that accompanies having another baby.
- Live in Paris
- Rid my house of all the unwanted/unneeded stuff we’ve accumulated in the past 18 years.
- Design a best-selling quilt pattern… or a line of fabric.
- Strip the paint off all the woodwork in my house. Who does that anyway, paints over gorgeous wood? Lazy bums couldn’t be bothered to sand and revarnish.
- Host a fabulous party (and invite all of you).
- Fit into the medieval costume I made 4 years ago for Halloween. It’s a bit snug… almost there. Update: tried it on this weekend and it fits!!! I won’t be able to sit down in it, though.
- Spend time with my best friend Cheryl because I miss her.
- Play a musical instrument. I used to play the French horn, but it’s now gathering dust in my dining room.
- Buy back the Prince Edward Island house we sold in April. I’m still so sad about that house. The people who bought it, promising they were going to live there as artists, just flipped it.
- Be positive all the time and inspire other people.
- Volunteer for something really worthwhile.
So, what do you wanna do? Really, what would you put on your Spirit List?
I wanna know...