Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Everywhere I look

... I see another cute little project or challenge that I want to do.

This time, it's Pat Sloan's 2010 Black and White in Paris Challenge.

Black and White. In Paris. How could I resist?

So, I signed up and Pat sent me this in the mail:


How cute is that? The polka dots. The yellow. Those buttons and ric-rac. And that postcard for inspiration. (That in itself was enough to make me jump at this.)

The challenge is, using the items above (except the postcard), to create a 30"-40" square quilt. I get to design my own using any method I like, but it must be inspired by Paris and it must use the items in the kit.

Quilts finished and posted by April 15 will be entered in a contest.

I think I'll make this for my friend, Sandi, who is also my travel partner. Her birthday is April 22 - wouldn't this make a nice gift?

13 comments:

Pat said...

Seems like a fun project...tailer-made for you!!!

Patty said...

Have fun. This can be the prelude to a wonderful journey.

What Comes Next? said...

a Paris project - what a concept! Can't wait to see what you come up with, and a perfect birthday present for your friend!

koralee said...

Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment on my blog the other day. I think your blog is adorable..I can't wait to see this Paris quilt of yours. Happy creating. xoxo

Dogwood said...

You are going to have so much fun! You are that Paris kind of gal. Love the black with white dots and yellow. Can't wait to see what you do with this project. You go girl...

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh how fun! Can't wait to see what you do!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I can't wait to see what you decide to do! What a wonderful way to begin your Paris journey.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, this looks like fun -- and tailor made for you! Can't wait to see it!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Wow! Sounds fun. Can't wait to see what you've got planned. Keep us posted. Jenn

Stacy said...

What fun project. Plus you get to think/dream about Paris even more than usual. Looking forward to seeing your quilt.

Barb said...

I love those fabrics and it makes it nice that you already have someone to give your design to when you are finished. Good luck with the contest.

Dolores said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Paris oriented....

Karen said...

Now this looks interesting!